Not much to report, which is a good thing. As it stands right now,
we're sitting around 3" for the day. Thankfully, the wind did not
live up to the expectation. We have some light, drizzly stuff coming
in for the next few hours and then should taper off. We're back to
100% chance of rain by 4pm Sunday afternoon, which will continue into
the wee hours. Given the last few wind forecasts, I don't want to
speculate on that. Tuesday the sun is slated to make an appearance
and we should get a decent break for the foreseeable future.
As far as the roads go, there was one slide this afternoon in the same
place that was cleared on Tuesday, ECC below the Fremont Trailhead.
It's back down to one lane.
There was a CalFire strike team lurking in the area, so we don't know
if their hand crews will try to address it, but Nic and Bud put cones
out in the event of low visibility.
Painted Cave Rd is still completely passable with caution.
154 is still closed for an unknown duration.
Old San Marcos... I assume is still open, as I have not heard anything to the contrary.
Thankfully, one of the things this raid DID do, was clear a lot of the mud off the roads.
The County is continuing to update their website as far as road closures and conditions, you can find that here:
Thank you Jessica. As of 7pm tonight Old San Marcos Rd. is open. : ) S